Trojan.Dropper.FB is Malwarebytes detection name for a family of Trojans that are pretending to be Facebook installers and updaters.
Type and source of infection
Downloaders and droppers are helper programs for various types of malware such as Trojans and rootkits. They don’t carry any malicious activities by themselves, but instead open a way for attack by downloading/decompressing and installing the core malicious modules. To avoid detection, a dropper may also create noise around the malicious module by downloading/decompressing some harmless files.
Malwarebytes blocks Trojan.Dropper.FB
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Trojan.Dropper.FB without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to remove Trojan.Dropper.FB with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page
to see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine page
you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.