Trojan.Sofacy.APT is Malwarebytes' detection name for a Trojan that is used by the group known as APT28 or Sofacy.
Type and source of infection
Trojan.Sofacy.APT is a Trojan that is used in highly targeted attacks.
Trojan.Sofacy.APT gathers information about the affected system and sends it to a C2 server.
Malwarebytes blocks Trojan.Sofacy.APT
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Trojan.Sofacy.APT without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to remove Trojan.Sofacy.APT with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page
to see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine page
you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.