Trojan.StartPage is Malwarebytes' generic detection name for Trojansthat change the start page of a browser on the affected Windows systems.
Trojan.StartPage changes the start page of the affected browser and will keep doing so. The start page will be set to a site of the threat actors'choosing. So the browser will open with a site that is different from the users' preference.
Malwarebytes blocks Trojan.StartPage
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Trojan.StartPage without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytesto your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exeand follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windowsinstallation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantineto remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
After removal, you can manually change the start page back to how it was before the infection.
How to remove Trojan.StartPage with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page
to see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine page
you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.