Type and source of infection
Trojan.Wdfload injects advertisements in search results and into websites. The advertisements are usually of the kind that regular websites will refuse: tech support scams, surveys, porn, and other dubious redirects. Trojan.Wdfload is usually installed by bundlers.
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Trojan.Wdfload without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytesto your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exeand follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windowsinstallation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantineto remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to remove Trojan.Wdfload with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections pageto see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine pageyou can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.
Malwarebytes removal log
The file names used by Trojan.Wdfload are semi-random but an example of a removal guide for Wdfloadcan be found on our forums.