Adware.Adposhel is Malwarebytes’ detection name for a family of adwaretargeting Windows systems that uses many delivery methods.
Victims may notice:
- Pop-ups and pop-unders
- Inserted banners on websites
- Text on sites that has been turned into hyperlinks
Malwarebytes protects users from this adware family by blocking Adware.Adposhel using its real-time protection module.
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Adware.Adposhel without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytesto your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exeand follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windowsinstallation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantineto remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
When removing Adware.Adposhel, sometimes a DNS hijack needs to be rectified, which requires a reboot. Malwarebytes will prompt you to do so when needed.