Backdoor.BetaBot is a detection is for a family of Trojansthat opens a backdoor on the infected system.
Type and source of infection
Backdoor.BetaBot is usually dropped on the system with the intent to steal information. However, threat actorsbehind this Trojan can also send commands to the affected system.
Malwarebytes blocks Backdoor.BetaBot
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Backdoor.BetaBot without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytesto your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exeand follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windowsinstallation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantineto remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
Users that have found their system to be affected should take precautions, assuming important credentials could have been stolen.