Malwarebytes uses the detection name “Exploit” for a category of malware that uses known exploits to deliver their payloads. Exploits are known vulnerabilities in software that can be abused to gain some level of control over the systems running the affected software.
Type and source of infection
Exploits in general are not the malware payload, but a means to an end—their goal being to get the payload on the target system. Exploits are usually downloaded from the Internet or delivered as email attachments without the user’s knowledge.
Malwarebytes protects agains exploits by using anti-exploit technology and real-time protection.
Malwarebytes can detect and remove files detected as Exploit. without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.