Spyware.Vidar is Malwarebytes’ detection name for an information stealer sold under the name VIDAR Pro Stealer.
Type and source of infection
Spyware.Vidar is a product that offers threat actors the option to set their preferences for the stolen information. Besides credit card numbers and passwords, Vidar can also scrape an impressive selection of digital wallets. This spyware can be spread using various campaigns. We have noticed it as a payload for the Fallout exploit kit.
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Spyware.Vidar without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to remove Spyware.Vidar with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page to see which threats were found. On the Quarantine page you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.