Trojan.Clicker is Malwarebytes’ generic detection name for trojansthat are used in click fraud.
Trojan.Clicker is a type of trojan that performs a form of ad fraud. These “clickers” continuously make connections to websites, consequently awarding threat actorswith revenue on a pay-per-click bases.
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Trojan.Clicker without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytesto your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exeand follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windowsinstallation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantineto remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to remove Trojan.Clicker with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections pageto see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine pageyou can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.