Trojan.Elex is Malwarebytes' detection name for a family of adwarevariants that go to any lengths to infiltrate and stay on user systems. Because the methods This Trojan uses are so aggressive, some of their components are classified as Trojans.
Source and type of infection
Trojan.Elex is also associated with browser hijackers like Youndoo, Trotux, Yelloader, YesSearches, and many more.Adware.Elex, PUP.Optional.Elex, and Trojan.Elex are spread by using bundlers.
Malwarebytes blocks Trojan.Elex
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Trojan.Elex without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytesto your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exeand follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windowsinstallation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantineto remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to remove Trojan.Elex with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page
to see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine page
you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.