Trojan.Hijacker is Malwarebytes’ generic detection name for Trojans that install browser hijackers.
Users may notice their browser has been hijacked and after removal the hijack returns.
Type and source of infection
Trojan.Hijacker are often the reason that browser hijacks keep coming back. They are what makes such infections persistent. The majority of these Trojans are installed by bundlers.
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Trojan.Hijacker without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to remove Trojan.Hijacker with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page to see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine page you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.