Trojan.ProxyAgent is Malwarebytes’ generic detection name for Trojansthat listen on a local port and act as a proxy.
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Trojan.ProxyAgent without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytesto your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exeand follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windowsinstallation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get startedbutton.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantineto remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
Sometimes the presence of Trojan.ProxyAgent indicates the presence of a rootkit that actively blocks Malwarebytes from running. If you notice this is the case, Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit betashould help.
How to remove Trojan.ProxyAgent with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections pageto see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine pageyou can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.