Trojan.Sefnit is Malwarebytes' detection name for a family of Trojansthat operate as a backdoor, allowing remote access to Windows systems.
Type and source of infection
Trojan.Sefnit is also capable of using your computer for Bitcoinmining, click fraud, and to hijack the victim's search results.There are several ways this Trojan can land on a system, including via P2P file sharing, bundlers, or being dropped by other malware.
Malwarebytes blocks Trojan.Sefnit
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Trojan.Sefnit without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytesto your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exeand follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windowsinstallation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get startedbutton.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantineto remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to remove Trojan.Sefnit with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page
to see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine page
you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.