Worm.Midie.Generic is Malwarebytes' generic detection name for a type of wormthat spreads via removable drives, but systems can also get infected by visiting compromised websites or by email.
Malwarebytes blocks Worm.Midie.Generic
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Worm.Midie.Generic without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytesto your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exeand follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windowsinstallation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantineto remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
After finding this infection on your system, it is recommended to scan all removable drives that have been attached to the system.
How to remove Worm.Midie.Generic with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page
to see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine page
you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.