Worm.Parite is Malwarebytes' detection name for a polymorphicfile infector that is capable of infecting all executable files on local and shared network drives.
Malwarebytes blocks Worm.Parite
Any infected machine should be taken out of the network immediately. If possible, a backup of important, non-executable files should be made.Malwarebytes can detect and remove Worm.Parite without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytesto your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exeand follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windowsinstallation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantineto remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
Malwarebytes can remove infected files, but it can not repair them. The infected system should be reformatted and any network drives it is connected to should be scanned else infected files can be copied to or used by other systems that have access to these drives.
How to remove Worm.Parite with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page
to see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine page
you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.