Spyware.DiscordStealer is Malwarebytes’ detection name for a type of malware that steals Discord passwords and user tokens.
Type and source of infection
Spyware.DiscordStealer gathers data from the affected machine to retrieve the user’s Discord passwords and user tokens. Spyware.DiscordStealer are often downloaded by the victims themselves thinking they are gaming or Discord related files. Sometimes Spyware.DiscordStealer is dropped by other malware.
The stolen information is used to impersonate the victim and further spread the malware.
Malwarebytes can detect and remove many Spyware.DiscordStealer infections without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to remove Spyware.DiscordStealer with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page to see which threats were found.