Spyware.Socelars is Malwarebytes’ detection name for a large family of malware that is capable of stealing sensitive information from Windows systems.
Type and source of infection
Spyware.Socelars is typical spyware that looks for specific information on the affected system and sends it to a threat actor. It is usually delivered as a download from other malware or by an exploit kit.
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Spyware.Socelars without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to remove Spyware.Socelars with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page to see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine page you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.