Trojan.Nymaim is Malwarebytes’ detection name for a family of Trojan downloaders that also use a screen locker to demand a ransom.
Type and source of behavior
Trojan.Nymaim is a Trojan downloader. These downloaders are Trojans that download (and run) other malware on affected systems. Trojan.Nymaim is different in that it displays a localized lockscreen while it downloads additional malware. Trojan.Nymaim is usually delivered by exploit kits and malvertising.
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Trojan.Downloader without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to remove Trojan.Nymaim with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page to see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine page you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.