Trojan.Polazert is Malwarebytes’ detection name for a .NET Remote Access Trojan (RAT) that acts as a backdoor.
Trojan.Polazert adds shortcuts to the Startup folder and changes existing shortcuts on the victim’s computer to gain persistence.
Source and type of infection
There are several campaigns that distribute Trojan.Polazert. In general they use SEO and social engineering to get victims to download the RAT disguised as a document. Trojan.Polazert is specifically designed to steal credentials from browsers and provide the attacker with a backdoor to further compromise infected systems. To achieve this collected data are sent to a C&C server.
The backdoor component of Trojan.Polazert can be used to install further malware on the infected system. As of yet there is no fixed follow-up payload.
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Trojan.MalPack.GS without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get startedbutton.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to remove Trojan.Polazert with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page to see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine page you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.