Worm.RaspberryRobin is Malwarebytes’ detection name for a worm that uses infected USB devices to infect networks and other USB devices.
Type and source of threat
A computer worm is a type of Trojan that is capable of propagating or replicating itself from one system to another.
The Raspberry Robin worm uses USB devices to spread and access to affected networks is sold to other malware operators like ransomware groups.
Malwarebytes blocks Worm.RaspberryRobin by using real-time detection.
Malwarebytes can detect and remove many Worm.RaspberryRobin infections without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to remove Worm.RaspberryRobin with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page to see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine page you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.