The weekly security round-up is go!
On the blog, we had a fake Twitch TV website offering up a video plug-in which led to a potential install bonanza. There was a spam outbreak on Social Media sites offering up supposed TESCO vouchers, and some very naughty individuals making use of a critical Flash Player vulnerability. Rounding off the blog was a Facebook themed fake video claiming to show a man jumping to his untimely demise in a mall.
Notable news stories:
- More Ebola themed shenanigans doing the rounds. These aren't going to go away anytime soon.
- Hacking company landlines to make extremely costly illegal calls? Whoops.
- It seems that hacking the US Navy is not a sensible thing to do.
- Watch out for the Internet of things in your hand.
- The Judge involved in the Silk Road case is receiving death threats.
- Breaking into a neighbour's computer to post a bomb threat to a mall? Yeah, that is also not a sensible thing to do.