We also doubled down on our commitment—and significantly increased efforts—to detect stalkerware on victims’ devices.
Other cybersecurity news:
- Microsoft’s cybersecurity researchers discovered a campaign that delivered a remote access Trojan directly into memory. (Source: Security Affairs)
- A newly-developed malware spread rapidly to wipe the firmware on Internet of Things devices. (Source: ZD Net)
- Reuters exclusively reported that Western intelligence agencies hacked into Russia’s Internet search company Yandex, delivering malware to spy on the site’s users. (Source: Reuters)
- Trend Micro showed the relative ease of both purchasing and deploying ATM malware in today’s world. (Source: Trend Micro)
- Somerville, MA, became the second US city to ban the use of facial recognition software in public spaces. (Source: Motherboard)
- The developer of an online app that digitally “undressed” women—by removing their clothing using machine learning—eventually shut the app down. (Source: Motherboard)
- Popular work chat platform Slack experienced worldwide outages. (Source: Bleeping Computer).
- Following a 14-month investigation involving multiple European intelligence and law enforcement agencies, six suspects were arrested for having allegedly stolen $28 million in cryptocurrency. (Source: HackRead)
Stay safe, everyone!