Backdoor.Quasar is Malwarebytes’ detection name for a large family of Remote Access Trojans (RATs) that target Windows systems.
Type and source of infection
Backdoor.Quasar is a lightweight, publicly available open-source Remote Access Trojan (RAT) which primarily targets Windows OS systems.
Backdoor.Quasar is often distributed via malicious attachments in phishing emails, but operators are free to choose their own ways to spread the RAT.
Malwarebytes can remove Backdoor.Quasar for you if you decide that you want to get rid of it.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to remove Backdoor.Quasar with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page to see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine page you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.