PUP.Optional.OneUpdater is Malwarebytes' detection name for a program that claims to check whether some software is up-to-date.
Type and source of the infection
PUP.Optional.OneUpdater installs other PUPs, adware, and browser extensions on the affected computer.
PUP.Optional.OneUpdater is included in certain bundle installers.
Malwarebytes blocks PUP.Optional.OneUpdater
Malwarebytes can detect and remove PUP.Optional.BundleInstaller without further user interaction. If one of these bundlers has been detected on a system it is advisable to run a full system scan.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
Add an exclusion
Should users wish to keep this program and exclude it from being detected in future scans, they can add the program to the exclusions list. Here’s how to do it.
- Open Malwarebytes for Windows.
- Click the Detection History
- Click the Allow List
- To add an item to the Allow List, click Add.
- Select the exclusion type Allow a file or folder and use the Select a folder button to select the main folder for the software that you wish to keep.
- Repeat this for any secondary files or folder(s) that belong to the software.
If you want to allow the program to connect to the Internet, for example to fetch updates, also add an exclusion of the type Allow an application to connect to the internet
and use the Browse
button to select the file you wish to grant access.