Trojan.ForcedExtension.ChrPRST is Malwarebytes' detection name for a Chrome extension called Cookies On-Off.
Trojan.ForcedExtension.ChrPRST shows advertisements in new tabs and pop-unders each time the user opens a new tab or visits a new site. Some of these advertisements will lead to additional PUPsand malware.
Type and source of the infection
Trojan.ForcedExtension.ChrPRST was forced upon visitors of certain compromised sites. The extension is protected against removal by a Chrome policy.
Trojan.ForcedExtension.ChrPRST is a "removal only" detection. Malwarebytes protects against Trojan.ForcedExtension.ChrPRST by blocking the sites that push this extension.
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Trojan.ForcedExtension.ChrPRST without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytesto your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exeand follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windowsinstallation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get startedbutton.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantineto remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to remove Trojan.ForcedExtension.ChrPRST with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page
to see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine page
you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.