Rootkit.Komodia.PUA is Malwarebytes’ detection name for software that uses a particular SSLhijacker designed by Komodia. This hijacker is vulnerable to man-in-the-middle (MITM)attacks. This is hidden from users using a special rootkit. At the time when this was revealed, the SSL hijack is also called “Superfish”.
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Rootkit.Komodia.PUA without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytesto your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exeand follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windowsinstallation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantineto remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to remove Rootkit.Komodia.PUA with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections pageto see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine pageyou can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.
How to enable the scan for rootkits option:Go to Settings > Policies.Click Newor select an existing policy.Choose your endpoints operating systems affected by this policy. Select from the following tabs:- Windows- Mac- LinuxSelect the Settings tabto see the specific settings available for each operating system.Select Scan Rootkits: The scan searches for rootkits. This may increase the time required to complete a scan.